SCU Contributing Affiliates who apply for Member status are approved by majority (quorum) vote of the SCU
Board. A Contributor is an individual that wishes to work on specific research and studies under the
guides of SCU policy, mission and goals. Any individual can apply to become a contributor by
submitting a resume and cover letter describing their interest in the subject focused study of UAPs
and the reasons specific to joining SCU. Contributors will have access to the private SCU
communications platforms and private social media platforms and will be included in all
communications. All contributors are expected to follow all ethics and operations policies provided by
the organization. Minimum requirements include a 4-year degree and/or equivalent professional
experience in their discipline. All contributors are expected to utilize their professional skills and
education within their acquired disciplines.
● Participation directly with SCU projects and operations.
● Exclusive access to help with peer review, investigative work and other research projects.
● Access to SCU communication platforms and private social media.
● Authorization to submit project proposals.
● Acknowledgments (what does this mean? SOQ list, PR list and other published items)
● Early Access to Annual/Quarterly Electronic Journal
A signed copy of the SCU mission and goals; cover letter explaining one’s interest in the scientific
study of the UAP phenomenon and reasons for supporting SCU; and a copy of your resume which
will be held in confidence.
● Participate in at least one of the following annually:
An SCU approved research or investigative project.
A written white paper or editorial that has been submitted and reviewed by SCU Peer Review Committee.
Provide the SCU Peer Review Committee a pre-existing published paper for review and publishing on the SCU website.
Provide an investigative case report to the review committee for publishing on SCU’s website.
Participate or volunteer in SCU AAPC or other events.
Contribute material support to SCU such as software/web support, video services, editorial support, etc.
Volunteer Staff Member such as a Board Member, journal editor, web developer, etc.